In my house anyway! Wished you lived here don’t ya!?
This past weekend we did a road trip to see my family and Chris’s family. My sister took me across to the states and we hit Sam’s Club and the only regret I had was that I wasn’t filthy rich and my husband (if I had one) was working the border.
So yes I am stocked up on my grass fed butter and I bought a Wilton Doughnut pan! We got home late last night and this morning we woke up to SNOW DAY!!! Perfect day to try out the doughnut pan and of course my kids agreed!
My girlfriend and fellow Primal eater Jane posted this great Breakfast Paleo Bread and I wondered if it would make a good doughnut batter. So from Elana’s Pantry (google her cause she has some amazing recipes)
It was kind of hard not to eat the batter this recipe made 6 perfect doughnuts! YAY!
I took some Xyla through the coffee grinder to make powdered sugar for a sugar doughnut, and then mixed the xyla with cinnamon for the cinnamon doughnuts, then I melted 70% chocolate with butter and a bit of water to make a glaze and then topped some with hazelnuts, coconuts and silver candy. The girls preferred the powdered Xyla the best because it reminded them of sugar coated doughnuts I used to buy a million years ago (or so that is what they believed the time frame to be)
Paleo Breakfast Bread (source: http://www.elanaspantry.com)
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey (I didn’t have honey so I put 2 tbsp xyla)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon stevia (I don’t use stevia so again another tbsp xyla)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, with a hand blender, mix almond butter until creamy
- Mix in eggs, honey, vanilla and stevia
- Add salt, baking soda and cinnamon
- Mix well with hand blender until all ingredients are combined
- Transfer batter into a well greased 8 x 8 inch baking dish (of course I put into doughnut pan and I cooked it for the 12 min)
- Bake at 325° for 12 to 15 minutes
For the chocolate glaze I took a handful of 70% chocolate chips and a tsp butter and melted in microwave and then added 2 tsp hot water. dipped the doughnut and decorate.
For the others I dipped the doughnut in melted butter and then into the sugar and Cinnamon mixture, then took the extra chocolate in a sandwich bag and cut the corner and drizzled on.Also I just crushed hazel nuts
I got a thumbs up for the doughnuts from the kids and I LOVED them too. There are 3 left for Chris to sample when he gets home. ❤